Cosy up your home with autumnal hues
When it comes to colour, our friends at Dulux know a thing or two about selecting the perfect colour tones to suit your home. As seasons change, it’s the perfect opportunity to play with pops of colour to suit seasonal trends.
This autumn, sophisticated earthy shades with light neutrals will dominate– perfect for creating a cocooning and nurturing space that home enthusiasts crave for this season. When paired with tribal inspired textures and furnishings, this seasonal palette creates a worldly-meets-sophisticated feel.
With inspiration taken from the Dulux colour palette Kinship, warm terracotta tones, soft grey-greens and cosy neutrals come together to create an earthy look. While this palette is in tune with the Autumn months, the colours transcend seasons and are the ultimate foundation for creating an adaptive home.
Dulux have paired up with Michelle Halford of The Design Chaser to create the ultimate styling tips to refresh your home for the new season:
- Introduce furniture and accessories in warm, natural materials, such as a vintage timber console or dresser, rattan chairs, woven lighting and baskets. Bold abstract art, textured wall hangings and plenty of greenery provide the perfect finishing touches.
- Up the cosiness factor by adding in lashings of texture – think oversized knits, luxurious velvets and linens.
- Seek out cushions and rugs that pick up on the earthy shades in the Kinship palette, and layer them for impact.
- Bring a fun, folkloric style to the space with patterns, embroidery, fringing and tassel detailing.
- Use accents of black in furniture and artwork to ground your scheme
If you’re inspired to update your home this season, a fresh coat of paint on the walls is an easy and cost effective way to completely change the look and feel of a room. If you’re looking for a colour to change with the seasons, Dulux Natural White is a classic go-to colour. With a traditional white wall, you’ll be free to experiment with colours in your furnishing and accessories.
For more tips and painting inspiration, visit https://www.dulux.com.au/inspiration