How to create a festive tablescape that sparkles
Christmas is ALMOST here! With planning well underway, it’s time to start thinking food and decorating. If you’re hosting a festive lunch or dinner your table should be as impressive as the menu.
Our design expert Danielle Taylor shares her five steps for creating a Christmas tablescape that will sparkle and wow your guests….
- Start with a neutral base This will give the table a clean background to build your theme on. You can’t beat a crisp white tablecloth, however fabrics in any neutral shade such as white, beige and cream work well, or consider subtle prints or metallic. Less is better! The best part is you can re-use these neutral fabrics in the future for any table theme or occasion.
- Create your centrepiece The centrepiece is the focal point for the table…it will most likely change each year depending on trends and your own personal style. Let your creative juices flow and think about your theme, there are many items that can bring it to life. Coloured candles, greenery and fresh flowers, ornaments or fruit just to name a few. Adding some height to the centrepiece works well to create focus, just keep in mind you don’t want to go too high or it will disrupt conversation across the table.
- Add some candles for a warm glow No matter whether it’s lunch or dinner, adding some candles to your setting will give the table a warm, welcoming and festive ambience. Your guests will feel right at home from the moment they arrive.
- ‘Tis the season for giving This is the season for festive cheer and good spirits. Placing a small gift or festive favour at each place setting really sets the mood. There are many online DIY ideas for making your own small stocking fillers or think about baking some biscuits and wrapping them with cellophane and brightly coloured ribbon.
- Don’t forget the festive sparkle Don’t forget to add decorations to complete the look. Small baubles come in many colours matt or metallic and are great items to scatter across the table, along with tinsel. Adding a bon bon to each setting creates interactive fun for all ages.
Need some inspiration to start thinking about your festive table theme? Click below to watch our design expert Danielle Taylor styling her own festive tablescape.
Season’s Greetings from the very merry team at Carlisle Homes and warm wishes for 2019